Grey Flannel's History
Grey Flannel was founded in 1989 by hobby pioneer Richard Russek. With his experience and expertise, Grey Flannel Auctions quickly developed into the world's foremost authenticators and dealers of high profile sports memorabilia specializing in vintage game-used jerseys and high-end autographs. GFA entered the auction arena in the fall of 1999 and has held 44 catalog auctions to date satisfying collector needs by auctioning off one-of-a-kind pieces while realizing record prices and private sales in excess of $75 Million. Our long list of unparalleled references including the NBRPA, MLBPAA, NFL Alumni, The Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum & Sports Legends Museum at Camden Yards as well as countless Hall of Famers from every sport.
Generous cash advances are readily available towards your premier consignments and collections. If you have ever considered consigning to a Grey Flannel auction, NOW is the time as the prices realized that we have consistently shown our consignors have been nothing short of incredible.
We have a superb team of experienced specialists in all areas of collectibles including:
- Game-Used/Game-Worn Jerseys & Equipment
- Vintage Sports & Historical Autographs
- Championship Jewelry, Trophies & Awards
- Entertainment, Rock n' Roll & Hollywood Memorabilia
- Political, Americana & Historical Artifacts
A Partial List Of Past Auction Highlights:
- Maravich LSU | SOLD FOR: $108,000
- '76 Dr. J All-Star | SOLD FOR: $188,320
- Jackie Robinson | SOLD FOR: $341,779
- '52 Mantle Gamer | SOLD FOR: $155,895
- Ruth "Called" Shot | SOLD FOR: $1,056,630
- Circa '85 Gretzky | SOLD FOR: $87,846
- Berra Perfect Game | SOLD FOR: $564,930
- Mikan Lakers | SOLD FOR: $110,400
- John Wooden Jacket | SOLD FOR: $183,500
- Ruth Home Run Bat | SOLD FOR: $155,628
- Finals MVP Award | SOLD FOR: $84,422
- Super Bowl Tickets | SOLD FOR: $89,100
- Heisman Trophy | SOLD FOR: $300,000
- SuperSonics Ring | SOLD FOR: $115,242
President | Grey Flannel Auctions
Richard established Grey Flannel in 1989 from the ground up and is known as one of the true pioneers of this hobby (now a $1.5 Billion industry). His greatest asset may be understanding people even more than the product. Rich has had dealings with countless professional athletes (both active and retired), guiding them through the process of appraising and/or selling their memorabilia. Star of the Discovery Channel TV series "All-Star Dealers", there is no one more qualified to make an assessment in all areas of sports collectibles.
Director Of Operations | Grey Flannel Auctions
Michael (Richard's Son) entered the Grey Flannel "family" after graduating from the University of Colorado over 10 years ago. The young gun brings youth, enthusiasm and passion into the established industry. Areas of expertise include marketing, team building and strategic planning. Michael has worked his way up through the ranks and is now considered the front of the house and the first line for all customer relations. He takes a more aggressive and passionate approach when trying to close a deal, teaching and empowering customers to make educated decisions.
If you have any questions or you are in need of additional information regarding the consignment process, please contact Michael directly at (631) 288-7800 x230 – Michael@GreyFlannelAuctions.com or fill out our online consignment submission form.
Inventory Manager | Grey Flannel Auctions
Joe joined the GFA team in June of 2014. An avid sports fan with a strong background in social media, he immediately made strides on the catalog production team before working his way up to inventory director. Joe now assists Grey Flannel by managing the auction inventory as well as contributing in the areas of appraisal, photography, research and copy editing.